Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring! We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment.
- Join us this Sunday, November 23rd, at the 9:30 or 11:30 a.m. service. This week, “Gratitude is the Sign of Noble Souls (Aesop)”, is led by Rev. Dr. Leon Dunkley. Read more... Coffee Hour is between the services at 10:45 a.m.
- The Healing Circle, Sunday, November 23rd at 11:00-11:20 am and1:00-1:30 pm in the Sanctuary. Spiritual health begins in the soul and grows stronger in community. We gather together in the midst of joy and sorrow, in the presence of love and grief – and we share ourselves beautifully in a circle of faith and healing. Please join the Lay Ministry Team in the Healing Circle. Come share of yourself and be present for others on this journey that we take through life…together.
- Only ONE service will be held on Sunday, November 30th, at 10:30 am.
- Don't miss, “SONG OF SOLSTICE,”
A Celtic Winter Celebration, Saturday, December 20th , 7:30 pm. Tickets are on sale now online. The concert features WAMMY award winner Jennifer Cutting and the Ocean Celtic Quartet, with
the Life, the UUniverse, and Everything Band (aka, UUCSS house band) and the Sanctuary Singers.
- UUCSS Holiday Bazaar, Dec. 14th, 9 am to 1 pm, Community Building. Contact Susan-Marie Stedman if you'd like to participate.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 9:30 a.m. service from Labor Day to Father's Day, and at the 10:30 a.m. service during the summer.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact email@example.com
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|