Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring! We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment.
- Please join us on Easter, this Sunday, April 20th, for services at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m., with Rev. Elizabeth Lerner Maclay
in the pulpit.
Our theme this month is Nature - and Easter always seems to echo the message of the season about death followed with life, and despair with new hope. Life is full of challenges and pain, any of us who has lived long enough knows this. We'll explore the Easter story, our own human nature, and the Nature all around us at this time of year, that help us renew our hope and will and joy in living.
- The UUCSS Passover Seder will be on Saturday, April 19th, at 6 p.m. This is a family friendly tradition, a highlight of the church year. Sign-ups for both chores & potluck dishes have begun online:(seder signup form) The deadline for sign-up is April 16th.
- Our Annual Budget Drive (ABD) has begun! You can make your pledge online at uucss.org/abd. Need more information before making your commitment? ABD Q&A sessions will be held in the Triangle Room on the following dates: April 6th after both services; April 13th after the second service; and April 27th after the first service.
- Friday, April 25th, 6 pm, we'll have a BBQ to gather and hear about from the Dream Builders' Committee as they process all the ideas shared and gathered from the Feb 8th congregational meeting and subsequent interviews. Details to come.
- Installation of Rev. Leon Dunkley as our Associate Minister will be held on Sunday, May 4th at 3 p.m. Please save the date. This will be a moving, spiritual ceremony that marks the culmination of our call process and commencement of Rev. Leon’s ministry with us. A potluck reception will follow the installation. Watch for further details.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
ASL sign language interpretation is available on most Sunday mornings. See the visitor's page for details.
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|