UUCSS supports So Others Might Eat (SOME) monthly by donations of food and other items. SOME is an interfaith, community-based organization that exists to help the poor and homeless of our nation’s capital. SOME meets the immediate daily needs of the people they serve with food, clothing, and health care. Donations of non-perishable foods and other items for SOME are due at church the first Sunday of each month.
Please place your donations in the sanctuary kitchen in bags or boxes clearly marked for SOME. Please see their website for wish lists and suggested items.
Current Food Wish List
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Canned fruit (in their own juice or water)
- Canned vegetables (No added sodium)
- Whole grains (Quinoa, brown rice, farro)
- Canned vegetables (low-sodium)
- Pasta (Whole wheat pastas and couscous)
- Low sugar cereal and oatmeal
- Healthy Snacks
- Oils and Vinegars
- Canned or frozen turkey, chicken, salmon
SOME cannot accept any opened food products or products with expired dates.
All kinds of non-perishable foods are needed for the food pantry. They also need certain types of clothing, household items, and toiletries.
Thanks for helping our neighbors in need.