Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment. Learn more about our congregation and visitor information.
Rev. Dr. Leon Dunkley shares this letter, "The Fires of Ferguson."
Join us for worship on August 30th at 10:30 a.m. for a service tilted, "Patience Flowers, Joy Abides," led by Rev. Dr. Leon Dunkley.
- Join in on the Uniting Music Jams after each service during August. All are invited to bring instruments and lyics/ chord sheets for music you'd like to share.
- Nursery Care and Religious Education for children through grade 12 are offered during the summer worship services. An informal coffee hour follows the service.
- Reverend Liz is on Sabbatical until September 13th. Here's a Guide.
- We return to TWO services onl September 13th when we hold our Ingathering Water Communion Service.
- Family friendly Camping Trip, Sept 5-7th, at Rocky Gap State Park. Register now by contacting Steve Wilmarth.
- Upcoming Climate Action Dates:
September 9 & 10 – Grandparents Climate Action Day, featuring keynote James Hansen. You don’t have to be a grandparent to participate!
September 24 – Moral Action for Climate Justice March on the Mall + Pope Francis address to Congress.
You can get involved by participating in the events above, hosting UUs from across the country who will be in town, writing Congress, and more. Stay tuned for more details from your Green Sanctuary Committee.
Learn more about these and other upcoming events, annoucements and meetings. and get an overview of activities and groups in our "What's Happening at UUCSS?" booklet.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
|Below are some of the priorities UUCSS supports.|
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 11:30 a.m. service (note new schedule, as of May 3rd, 2015) from Labor Day to Father's Day, and at the 10:30 a.m. service during the summer. An interpreter will also be available during Coffee Hour each week.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact email@example.com
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|