Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment. Learn more about our congregation and visitor information.
Rev. Dr. Leon Dunkley shares this letter, "The Fires of Ferguson."
Join us for Worship Service, April 19th, at 9:30 or 11:30 a.m. The topic is, "Black Water Woods- A Conversation About Dying," led byRev. Dr. Leon Dunkley and Alexa Frazer. Coffee hour is held between the services at around 11:00 a.m.
- "Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret," documentary screening, April 21st at 7 p.m.
- Blue Jean Saturday, April 25th, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The "Seeds of Our Dreams" Budget Drive has begun! Your love, commitment and engagement at UUCSS nutures the seeds of our dreams. And it's your pledge to the Annual Budget Drive (ABD) that enables our church to dream big and deepen our roots.
Give what you can, give what you believe in, and give until it feels good! The Drive ends Mays 2nd with a celebatory BBQ. Learn more about ABD. Questions? Email the Stewardship team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suite Treat Cafe, Saturday, May 9th.
- Reverend Liz is on Sabbatical until September 13th. Here's a Guide.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
|Below are some of the priorities UUCSS supports.|
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 9:30 a.m. service from Labor Day to Father's Day, and at the 10:30 a.m. service during the summer.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact email@example.com
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|