Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment. Learn more about our congregation and visitor information.
- Join us for worship at 10:30 a.m. this Sunday, May 29th. Note: only ONE service this holiday weekend.
- Our coffee hour is held between the services, starting around 10:45 a.m.
- Blue Jean Saturday and BBQ, Saturday, May 28th, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- UUCSS Annual Meeting, June 5th, after the 2nd service (12:45 p.m.)
- Come camping, June 3-5th, at the beautiful Patapsco Valley State Park. Costs for food and registration: $16 per adult, $12 per child. To register (or if you have questions), email Alexa Fraser at AlexaFraseruu@gmail.com.
- Catoctin Mountain Family Retreat, will be September 23-25th, Save the Date!
Learn more details about these and other upcoming events, annoucements and meetings.
The "What's Happening at UUCSS?" brochure provides an overview of ongoing activities and groups.
Members of the broader community can sign up to receive email notices on major cultural and community events. (Members are automatically enrolled)
UUCSS Special Initiatives
|Below are some of the priorities UUCSS supports.|
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 9:30 a.m. service (note new schedule, as of October 18th, 2015). An interpreter will also be available during Coffee Hour each week.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|