Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring! We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment.
- Please join us this Sunday, April 27th, for services at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m., with Rev. Leon Dunkley in the pulpit. Our sermon theme for this month is Nature.
- This Friday, April 25th, at 6 pm, come to a BBQ to gather and hear about from the Dream Builders' Committee as they process all the ideas shared and gathered from the Feb 8th congregational meeting and subsequent interviews. Pre-register so that we can provide enough food for everyone.
- Our Annual Budget Drive (ABD) continues-- please make your pledge before the end of April! You can pledge online at uucss.org/abd. Need more information before making your commitment? A final ABD 'Q&A' sessions will be held in the Triangle Room on Sunday, April 27th, after the first service.
- Save these Dates:
- May 4th, 3 p.m., for the installation of Rev. Leon Dunkley as our Associate Minister. This will be a moving, spiritual ceremony that marks the culmination of our call process and commencement of Rev. Leon’s ministry with us. A potluck reception will follow the installation. Watch for further details.
- May 4th, at 10:30 am., There will be ONLY ONE Sunday Service because of the installation of Rev. Leon Dunkley in the afternoon.
- Saturday, May 10th, at 7 p.m. we host our annual Suite Treat Cafe. Tickets Come hear your favorite in-house musicians perform pieces composed or arranged by UUCSS members and friends. Buy your tickets early, as there will be a $5 discount for all tickets purchased before May 10th. Need more information? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
ASL sign language interpretation is available on most Sunday mornings. See the visitor's page for details.
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|