Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring! We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment.
- Please join us Sunday, September 21st, at 9:30 or 11:30 a.m. for our worship service. Coffee Hour is held between the services (around 10:45 a.m.).
- Join in a 'Crossroads Coffeehouse' discussion about the UUA's General Assembly, this Sunday, Sept. 21st, between the services at 10:45 a.m. in the Triangle Room in the Community Building. Will report on last June's meeting and plans for next year.
- 'Blue Jean Sunday," Sept. 21st. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wear your jeans to Church and spend a bit of time before or after service to help enhance our building and grounds. Snacks provided!
- Join in the People's Climate March, Sunday, Sept 21st in NYC! UUs and the interfaith community are organizing buses and other logistics to help us participate in what promises to be the largest Climate Change March in history!
- Catoctin Mountain Fall Retreat, Oct 3-5th. Gather for games, hikes, shared meals, music, and much more. Registration begins this Sunday September 7th, during coffee hour through the end of September. Register online. Contact Catoctin coordinator Nicole Levesque at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congregational Meeting, Oct. 19th. The Dream Builders' Committee will report on year-long building wishes inquiry findings, ask you to confirm that we have accurately identified the goals and priorities for UUCSS, and ask for permission to hire building professionals to develop more detailed proposals to carry your priorities forward.
- Save the Date for the Church Auction, Nov. 15th, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Learn more about this year's Auction. Submit your donations online by Oct. 4th. Volunteer at email@example.com.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 9:30 a.m. service from Labor Day to Father's Day, and at the 10:30 a.m. service during the summer.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|