Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring! We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment.
- Please join us Sunday, Oct. 5th, for service at 10:30 a.m. Note there is only one service this Sunday because of the Catoctin Retreat.
- Catoctin Mountain Fall Retreat, Oct 3-5th. Gather for games, hikes, shared meals, music, and much more. Registration begins this Sunday September 7th, during coffee hour through the end of September. Register online. Contact Catoctin coordinator Nicole Levesque at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 19th, we hold only ONE service at 10:30 am. followed by a light lunch and Congregational Meeting at 12:15 p.m. (see below).
- Congregational Meeting, Oct. 19th, at 12:15 pm. The Dream Builders' Committee will report on year-long building wishes inquiry findings, ask you to confirm that we have accurately identified the goals and priorities for UUCSS, and ask for permission to hire building professionals to develop more detailed proposals to carry your priorities forward. We will also vote on a new Board President. Barbara Eyman has been nominated for the position.
- Church Auction, Nov. 15th, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Learn more about this year's Auction. Submit your donations online by Oct. 4th. Volunteer at email@example.com.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 9:30 a.m. service from Labor Day to Father's Day, and at the 10:30 a.m. service during the summer.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|