Directory of our staff, board, and committees
- Board of Trustees and its Committees
- Program and Operations Committees and other contacts
- Communication outlets, deadlines & contact info
UUCSS Program Council Handbook
This document is full of important information for all members and especially for people involved in committees and organizing church events
The 2012 – 2017 Strategic Plan
The Church community completed and approved its second five-year Strategic Plan, entitled, “Deepening Our Roots; Spreading Our Branches; Reaching Toward Justice.” It describes and outlines priorities to guide the leadership in the coming years. Download it here: UUCSS Strategic Plan 2012 – 2017.
Our Church Governance
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring (UUCSS) is governed by “congregational polity,” which means that our congregation makes all its own decisions through the democratic process. Our Church is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). The UUA provides helpful member benefits but does not fund us; nor does it direct any of our affairs.
- The UUCSS Board of Trustees is elected by the Congregation and oversees the operation of our Church in accordance with the UUCSS Constitution. The Board guides the implementation of long-term goals and policy and is legally responsible for the fiscal operations of the church.
- Our Parish Minister will be called by a vote of the congregation after an elected Search Committee selects a candidate. Until the congregation finishes its search for a Parish Minister, we have an Interim Minister. The Minister supervises the senior staff.
- The Program Council through its volunteer committees provides structure for church members to operate all the programs of the Church in conjunction with our professional leaders. The Council is led by the Board Vice President for Program and includes the Chairs of all standing committees.
Download a copy of our Constitution here: UUCSS Constitution Updated 2015.