Directory of our staff, board, and committees
- Board of Trustees and its Committees
- Program and Operations Committees and other contacts
- Communication outlets, deadlines & contact info
UUCSS Program Council Handbook
Want to find out how to plan an event, start a new program, manage a committee, recruit volunteers, communicate within the church? A wealth of information can be found right here.
2018 UUCSS Program Council Handbook
The 2019 – 2022 Rolling Strategic Plan
This is the first 3-year rolling strategic plan of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring. It is an articulation of our goals for the next three church years (starting in July 2019), the actions we will take toward achieving those goals, and the measurable outcomes and other indicators we will use to evaluate our progress. Download it here: UUCSS Three-Year Rolling Strategic Plan.
Our Church Governance
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring (UUCSS) is governed by “congregational polity,” which means that our congregation makes all its own decisions through the democratic process. Our Church is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). The UUA provides helpful member benefits but does not fund us; nor does it direct any of our affairs.
- The UUCSS Board of Trustees is elected by the Congregation and oversees the operation of our Church in accordance with the UUCSS Constitution. The Board guides the implementation of long-term goals and policy and is legally responsible for the fiscal operations of the church.
- Our Minister supervises the senior staff.
- The Program Council through its volunteer committees provides a structure for church members to operate all the programs of the Church in conjunction with our professional leaders. The Council is led by the Board Vice President for Program and includes the Chairs of all standing committees.
Download a copy of our Bylaws here: UUCSS Bylaws Updated 2020
Copies of our policies are here: Policies