The UUCSS Rainbow Alliance is committed to making our church community a Welcoming Congregation by providing opportunities for our members, friends, and visitors to become better informed about sexual orientation, gender identity, and relationship status; and to participate in activities that positively affect the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, asexual, two-spirit, genderqueer, and non-binary people.
Please join us in our work.
Interested in learning more, or joining the UUCSS Rainbow Alliance?
Send an e-mail to: RainbowAlliance@uucss.org
Rainbow Alliance meetings are the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pm via Zoom (email for link).
- Local and National Resources
- Substance Abuse and Addiction in LGBT Populations
- 10 Ways to Be an LGBTQ+ Ally
- Calendar of LGBTZ+ / TGQNB Days of Observance
- Gender Identity Handout
What We’re Doing This Month
October is Queer History Month!
- Our monthly meeting will be October 7th at 7:30pm via Zoom.
- We will be hosting a poster-making party on October 11th–more details to come.
- October 18th “Still Here, Still Queer” service via Zoom
- October 18th workshop on LBGTQ+/Queer Terminology in breakout room at Coffee Hour after service
- Monthly Movie/Discussion on October 23rd: “ParaNorman” via Zoom–more details to come.
For more details on monthly activities, send an email to subscribe to our email distribution list and monthly newsletter.
We will enable and support social forums among UUs in the area that bring allies and queer persons together for fun, support, and learning from each other.
We plan to renew our “Welcoming Congregation” vows each year by:
- Conducting two or
more Welcoming Services to
- Have first-hand exposure to the perspectives of queer persons
- Feel comfortable asking questions related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and relationship status
- Conducting activities related to PRIDE day, transgender awareness and remembrance day, and other key dates in queer history
- Conducting two annual UUA Welcoming Congregation seminars
- Conducting an awareness campaign and fundraiser for an organization that uplifts the dignity of the queer community
We will support our transgender and gender non-conforming members and the broader community by:
- Researching how to best serve the transgender and gender non-conforming community
- Developing an action plan based on the research conducted, which may include public advocacy and activism, social support, and awareness-raising within and outside of UUCSS
- Making visible our support for our transgender and gender non-conforming members and the broader community
We will take action on behalf of the congregation and queer persons in a way that reflects their desires, needs, preferences, and concerns by
- Conducting “listening sessions” with Rainbow Alliance members, family, friends, allies, congregants, and the queer community to identify key issues and themes
- Creating an action plan based on key issues and themes