The UUCSS Rainbow Alliance is committed to making our church community a Welcoming Congregation by providing opportunities for our members, friends, and visitors to become better informed about sexual orientation, gender identity, and relationship status; and to participate in activities that positively affect the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, asexual, two-spirit, genderqueer, and non-binary people.
Please join us in our work.
Interested in learning more, or joining the UUCSS Rainbow Alliance?
Send an e-mail to: RainbowAlliance@uucss.org
Rainbow Alliance meetings are the 3rd Sunday of the month in the UUCSS chapel room.
We will enable and support social forums among UUs in the area that bring allies and queer persons together for fun, support, and learning from each other.
We plan to renew our “Welcoming Congregation” vows each year by:
- Conducting two or
more Welcoming Services to
- Have first-hand exposure to the perspectives of queer persons
- Feel comfortable asking questions related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and relationship status
- Conducting activities related to PRIDE day, transgender awareness and remembrance day, and other key dates in queer history
- Conducting two annual UUA Welcoming Congregation seminars
- Conducting an awareness campaign and fundraiser for an organization that uplifts the dignity of the queer community
We will support our transgender and gender non-conforming members and the broader community by:
- Researching how to best serve the transgender and gender non-conforming community
- Developing an action plan based on the research conducted, which may include public advocacy and activism, social support, and awareness-raising within and outside of UUCSS
- Making visible our support for our transgender and gender non-conforming members and the broader community
We will take action on behalf of the congregation and queer persons in a way that reflects their desires, needs, preferences, and concerns by
- Conducting “listening sessions” with Rainbow Alliance members, family, friends, allies, congregants, and the queer community to identify key issues and themes
- Creating an action plan based on key issues and themes