UUCSS will re-engage with our shared purpose (mission) and desired future (vision) as a community through a collaborative process later this church year. During this process we will consider questions like these:
- What are our special strengths, gifts, and passions as a congregation?
- What are the particular needs within and around us, here and now?
- How can we bring our shared gifts to bear in serving the need within and around us in our community?
UUCSS is a welcoming community, a safe and sacred space, for nurturing spiritual growth and lifelong learning, celebrating diversity, and bending the universe toward justice and compassion.
We strive to live our shared values of justice, equity, openness, and compassion with ourselves, our families, our congregation, and our larger world.
We commit to:
- Deepening the spiritual life, challenging the mind, and touching the hearts of those
who join us
- Sharing the joys and sorrows of our interdependent lives
Nurturing a thriving religious education program and a vital music program for all
- Being responsible stewards of the environment: our buildings and grounds, our
community, and our world
- Embracing our ever-increasing diversity
- Respecting our differences and handling conflict with trust and openness
- Creating opportunities across the life-span for worship, healing, learning, social
action, fun, and laughter